The role, although based in the UK reporting into the UK Head of Credit Control, would look after a portfolio of customers based in overseas territories. They are looking for a credit controller who is happy to work a slightly different working pattern to start at 1pm until 9pm. There is flexibility within this as the business operates a results driven model.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in business to business credit control, dealing with ledgers of around 500 clients. The successful credit controller will manage the accounts receivable portfolio to ensure timely collection on these accounts including the pursuit of past due accounts.
- Be first point of contact for billing and credit control related activity for a designated portfolio of accounts
- Chase and collect global debt in line with departmental metrics and company policy by telephone and email
- Build solid working relationships with customers with regular contact
- Resolve queries in a timely and effective manner
- Work to strict month end deadlines in a methodical and organised manner
- Negotiating payment plans
- Produce and distribute monthly statement of accounts
- Send dunning cycle letters
- Escalate non-paying partners through agreed internal process
- Monitor and report on Aged Debt and non-paying customers via the 'Watchlist' process
- Be responsible for the upkeep and general maintenance of customer master data within relevant systems
- Process invoices and credit notes in line with contractual agreements
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work autonomously and on your own initiative
- Proficienct in Excel and Word Processing
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience of credit control
The role offers fully remote working in the UK with a competitive package for the successful candidate.